Monday, June 10, 2013

Power of the Mind

If we focus on our mind carefully, we see thoughts keep coming and going. Thoughts that we think affect our future and life to a much greater way than we can ever imagine. Often we meet people who are so successful in their lives. We meet the opposite of the former population and wonder why they are such pessimists and lead such failure lives.  

What we focus on is what our reality becomes.The distinguishing factor between these two sets of population is what their thoughts and beliefs are about life. So let us dig a little bit deeper into this process and really understand the importance of “conscious thinking”.

Here are some ways conscious thinking:
1. Being conscious of your thoughts:   What are your current thoughts. Look and the questions discussed above to realize if a particular is worth your attention and energy.

2. Thought transformations:   If you wish to change a particular thought then reconstruct it in your mind. For example: “I never succeed in my work.” If this is your recurring thought and you wish to change it, you have to begin thinking reverse of it, which will be “I always succeed in my work”.

* Make it your affirmation:    So taking forward the above mentioned example, where you have transformed your thought from “I never succeed in my work” to “I always succeed in my work”, this statement needs to be embedded in your belief system. The best way to do that is to write it 21 times for 21 days before you go to bed.

Thanks a lot. God bless your effort. 
Image Courtesy : Google Image.


No comments: